Sunday, October 17, 2010

Raffle ticket sales at Ace Hardware

We had the Ranger and MR2 on display at Ace Hardware in Hampstead Saturday to promote our program and sell raffle tickets.  We had the usual responses like, "I don't believe in that", "it's gas for me", "Why don't you put a generator in that thing?", "why don't you use solar panels to charge it?", "what is the gas mileage?", and my all time favorite...."BAAAAAHHH", which I think is a sign of disapproval!  Aside from that, we had a successful day and made some good contacts and possible sponsors.  Several people had no idea we had this program at the high school, even though it has been in existence for 11 years now.  I guess we need to do a better job advertising.  We have sold about 250 raffle tickets and have 2 months to sell the rest so we can purchase our Lithium battery pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment